Hello all,
Atlassian Cloud changes Sep 8 to Sep 15, 2025 | Atlassian Cloud | Atlassian Documentation
With the announcement from this week's "Cloud changes" blog that Approvals are coming to company-managed projects (finally
) I am wondering if anyone has experience using the feature in their production environments?
I have a test team-managed project that I've used to play around with the approvals feature. I've recreated some of the processes we currently use with the approval feature and do see some benefits from it. I've counted that less-clicks are required to move items forward in a process, but, and I may be thinking of this wrong, the approval process doesn't reduce the number of statuses required or other administrative tasks from us site-admins.
So, just re-iterating the question- does anyone have experience using it and can speak to some pros and cons?
Bonus question- has anyone set-up useful automations with the approval feature?
- I'm working on the bonus-question today and will update if I find anything helpful!
If Bronna from Atlassian sees this, thanks for the product feedback session a few months ago where we discussed adding this feature to company-managed projects!