I just need to know how to add and or remove a user from an approval group within Jira.
Hi @Jelani B. ,
Welcome to Atlassian community.
I suggest you to follow the instructions in this tutorial: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/set-up-approvals/
If you have already sett an approval step in the workflow, you can add the approvers field in the screens
I hope it helps
blah
Hi Matteo,
Thank you for your response. I am still having trouble trying to configure this group correctly...
I found a link to what might help me, but I am having a problem on where to find "Configure Custom Fields : Approval"
Here is the link I am referencing...
https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Jira-Service-Management/APPROVER-approver-groups-unable-to-add-user-s/qaq-p/2336629
Hi @Jelani B.
Can you provide screenshots on what you are referencing to in your instance?
The link you shared contains information on that users instance where they made a custom field called approval.
So don't focus on that field name in that community article.
What user or group field is used in your approval in the workflow?
The field "Approvers" can be edited from the custom fields section: https://<yoursite>.atlassian.net/jira/settings/issues/fields (search for approvers)
The "Approval" must be configured from inside the workflow, selecting a status:
Regards
Thank you for this information. I will take a look at it over the next couple of days and give you an update come early next week.
Thanks again for all of your help !
Jelani B.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.