I'm configuring deployments as described in https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/link-github-workflows-and-deployments-to-jira-issues/
It states:
If you include Jira work item keys (JIRA-*) in your commit messages, you'll see relevant deployments in the corresponding Jira work items. For instance:
However, the behavior I'm experiencing is that every ticket is associated with every deployment even tho the deployments are marked as succeeded and when I look in the github API they appear successful as well.
Here's an example of the successful deployments on the jira ticket - as you can see there's other deployments (e.g. PROXY-3248) being attached to this ticket which should not be associated since there was no commit included on that pr that references this ticket and the previous deployment for AR-96 was in the successful state.

we can see the successful deployments in github as well.

How do I debug why multiple deployments are being associated to unrelated tickets? Based on the documentation I expect that once a deployment is successful that that ticket is no longer going to be considered in scope of a deployment unless there's a related commit included to it but that's not the behavior I'm experiencing.