I'm constantly running into the situation during development of my own forge app and testing the installation lifecycle where an uninstall request seems to hang for >5 minutes, and eventually resolves itself.
This happens both for uninstall requests coming from the admin app management page, and also from using the forge CLI.
I know that the request is hanging because if I try to uninstall again I get errors like:
Error: Task 6d137f83-220d-4c02-a651-c892ca712055 conflicts with another pending or in progress task. (requestId: 2d3fcc5f-5cf7-4d78-963e-6401c8e89500)
Error: Task 6d137f83-220d-4c02-a651-c892ca712055 conflicts with another pending or in progress task. (requestId: 2d3fcc5f-5cf7-4d78-963e-6401c8e89500)at InstallationsGraphqlClient.uninstallApp (/Users/camysidron/.nvm/versions/node/v22.16.0/lib/node_modules/@forge/cli/out/installations/graphql-client.js:300:19)at process.processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:105:5)at async UninstallAppCommand.execute (/Users/camysidron/.nvm/versions/node/v22.16.0/lib/node_modules/@forge/cli/out/installations/uninstall-app.js:14:25)at async CommandLineUI.displayProgress (/Users/camysidron/.nvm/versions/node/v22.16.0/lib/node_modules/@forge/cli/node_modules/@forge/cli-shared/out/ui/command-line-ui.js:60:28)at async performSingleUninstall (/Users/camysidron/.nvm/versions/node/v22.16.0/lib/node_modules/@forge/cli/out/command-line/uninstall-command-helpers.js:71:26)at async /Users/camysidron/.nvm/versions/node/v22.16.0/lib/node_modules/@forge/cli/out/command-line/register-installation-commands.js:111:17at async Command.actionProcessor (/Users/camysidron/.nvm/versions/node/v22.16.0/lib/node_modules/@forge/cli/out/command-line/command.js:273:28)at async Command.parseAsync (/Users/camysidron/.nvm/versions/node/v22.16.0/lib/node_modules/@forge/cli/node_modules/commander/lib/command.js:936:5)at async Command.parse (/Users/camysidron/.nvm/versions/node/v22.16.0/lib/node_modules/@forge/cli/out/command-line/command.js:165:13)at async main (/Users/camysidron/.nvm/versions/node/v22.16.0/lib/node_modules/@forge/cli/out/command-line/index.js:63:5)
Welcome @Cam Ysidron
This could be due to the active incident that Atlassian has. You can watch for the updates here: https://developer.status.atlassian.com/
Hello @Cam Ysidron
It's just the way it is.
Creating and uploading a Forge app creates a long list of dependencies and connections, all of which must be checked during the uninstallation process. Just be patient.
Sometimes this process is immediate though, so I do think there is something else going on
Thanks for sharing - will see if I can recreate when this incident is closed
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.