I am trying to get the user account id via email because I the full name I am given may not not be the full name of the person in Confluence. I need to use a consistent value.
https://xxx.atlassian.net/wiki/rest/api/search?cql=user.email~"xxx@gmail.com"but I am getting below error :
Hi @Jamie Wolman
You can't get a user based on email address via the API ( has been for over a year).
You can only use account ID in the API.
To get a users account ID for a user in Confluence use; get-an-atlassian-cloud-users-account-id
I need the accountID from Confluence. I don't have that value which is why I need to get the user based on some other value such as email or name. The problem is Name may not be consistent between where I am getting it from and Confluence, but email is consistent.
Names are names and systems store them differently using different formats or true fullnames or nicknames, but emails are always consistent.
Would be nice to have the REST call accept getting confluence user by email.
This was there in the early day, but this has been removed, based on security and GDRP guidelines.
This option won't come back.
Just ran into this right now (today) I have a name which is a duplicate of another name (meaning two people with the same name) but of course have different emails. Just getting Confluence users by fullname is proving to be difficult because of just being able to use names. Thanks.
You show a CQL search, and that would find Confluence content, not users. Instead, please try using the Jira find user endpoint to search by email address:
https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-user-search/#api-rest-api-3-user-search-get
Kind regards,Bill
Hi @Bill Sheboy
Yes this can work, but it will return an account ID, but it won't if this user has access to Confluence?
Then also the following endpoint could be used: https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-users/#api-rest-api-3-user-bulk-migration-get
I get the following results:
Be aware the option @Bill Sheboy and I gave you need to use the Jira API
So use this as a base url: https://xxx.atlassian.net/rest
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.