Hi everyone, I've been reading a bunch of threads on this topic but am hoping I can get some clarity on if the issue I'm running into is expected or if I can find a resolution.
Issue: An issue that is in the furthest right column on a Sprint Board is automatically moving to the next sprint. My expectation is that it wouldn't move.
Configuration: (I think this might be the reason but hoping anyone here can identify the problem)
- Let's say I have the following 2 separate Sprint Boards
- Board A:
- Sprint Board columns are the following:
- (furthest left) To Do
- In Progress
- QA
- (furthest right) Done
- Board B:
- Sprint Board columns are the following:
- (furthest left) To Do
- In Progress
- (furthest right) QA & Done
- I have the following issue AB-123 that appears on both boards and has a status = QA
- On Board A it would appear in the QA column
- On Board B it would appear in the furthest right QA & Done column
- Other info:
- Status Category of QA is In Progress
Situation:
- When the sprint issue AB-123 is assigned to ends, Jira is automatically moving this issue into the next sprint. Therefore, in Board A issue AB-123 is showing in the QA column and Board B is showing in the QA & Done column
Question: Is Jira moving the issue because on Board A QA is not the furthest right column and therefore Jira doesn't consider the issue to be complete? Or could it be because the Status Category of QA isn't Done?
Possible Solution?
- To prevent the above from happening would setting Status Category of QA = Done resolve this?
- or would we need to audit all the sprint boards to ensure QA is also mapped to the furthest right column?
Thank you for the help,
Joe