My developers paste their changes into text fields but with the implementation of the WYSIWYG editor pasted text strings no longer have line breaks that were part of the copied text. How do I correct this?
For JIRA 6.4 and I assume greater ...
Under the other selection (plus sign and down arrow) there are choices for code and preformatted. I would insert one of those and then paste your text over the example text remembering to leave the tags in place.
Behavior is the same, the issue appears to be browser related. It happens in IE 11 but not in Chrome.
Instead of using ctrl-V, try selecting the dummy text from the preformatted tag and then right click and choose paste from the menu. That worked for me in IE 11
The other thing you could try is enabling compatibility mode. Both IE10 and IE 11 have reported issues with copy/paste.
Right Click and paste worked in IE, thanks
JIRA bug for this: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-43344
Yes, try a different browser.
Microsoft EDGE, did not work for me.
Chrome, worked for me.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.