Hello Atlassian Community,
I am setting up an automation rule in Jira Service Management Cloud to send an email when a request moves to Waiting for approval.
My goal:
Notify the approver by email.
Include a clean hyperlink (e.g., “Review & Approve here”) that opens the customer portal view of the request, not the agent view.
What I have tried:
Using {{issue.url}} → this opens the agent view (not what I want).
{{issue.url}}
Using {{issue.customerPortalUrl}} → this smart value doesn’t seem to render in automation emails.
{{issue.customerPortalUrl}}
Manually building the link like:
https://bks-team.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/{{issue.request.portal.id}}/{{issue.key}}
Hi @Jedsada Rangsethienchai
Welcome to the community.
You should use the Send Email action in the automation rule, not the Send Customised Email action.
Use <a href="{{issue.url.customer}}">Customer Portal</a> in the Send Email action
If this is related to a Team Managed project, see this closed issue and check the work around section; JSDCLOUD-15293
Hi @Jedsada Rangsethienchai ,
Welcome to Atlassian community and thank you for your question.
As a first response, have you considered to use the out-of-the-box feature for approval inside the workflow?
I mean this feature: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/set-up-approvals/
Related to this feature, there is an automatic notification.
Kind regards
Hi Mateo
thank you for your greeting. Yes I did use it. My issue is when I create below mail template then paste link <a href="{{issue.url.customer}}">Customer Portal</a> . When automation rule trigger sending email to approver. The link is disappear.
Hi {{issue.Approver.displayName}},
A request is waiting for your approval:
• Request: {{issue.key}} – {{issue.summary}}• Requestor: {{reporter.displayName}}• Category: {{issue.issueType.name}}
Review & Approve here: <a href="{{issue.url.customer}}">Customer Portal</a>
Thanks,
BKS IT Service Desk
There is also an open feature request based on this url encoding not working in the Send Customised Email action in automation
AUTO-1919
please have a look into this past thread: https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Jira-Service-Management/issue-url-customer-is-not-working-in-automation-email/qaq-p/2705929
thank you Matteo for clarification
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.