We have a ticket that includes a form and sometimes they have to reopen the form and send it back to the customer for more information. Is there something I can do in the workflow or with automation that when it transitions to a status is opens the form for editing?
Hello @Mikel Whipple
In Automation for Jira there is a Change Form Status action. This could be combined with a Work Item Transitioned trigger to reopen the form for editing when the item status is changed.
It can be done via an automation, and you can trigger it on the transition to the specific status and then use the component called Change form status to open up the form for editing. I wrote an article that uses that component to display additional fields on the portal.
Hi @Mikel Whipple ,
Please have a look to this article: https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Jira-articles/Submitting-or-reopening-a-Form-using-Automation-and-REST-API/ba-p/2367051
Regards
Well this new. I tried to build an automation a few months ago to do this then was looking to do it in scriptrunner. Thank you!
Well we don't have this option in our automation actions, guess it has not rolled out to us or is this on prem only action?
Can you provide a screen image of what you see in the Automation screen when trying to find this action?
What is the Scope for the rule where you are trying to do this? If I try to search for a Form related action within a rule that is scoped for a Software or Business project, it is not available. I generated the above screen image in a rule scoped for a JSM project.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.