Hello,
I have an automation rule that creates a certain number of stories when it transitions to a new status. Those stories inherit field values from the parent epic. One of the fields is the system field 'Assignee'. However there's a story where the 'Assignee' needs to be selected based on the value of a custom field of the parent. Example: parent field = Sales -> Assignee child story X= John; parent field = Production -> Assignee child story X= Peter
I tried several approaches from a simple 'if' branch to smart values but nothing works. Either the value remains blank, gives an error or the value gets the Assignee of the parent. I suppose this should be simple by using an if/else branch but if the first if doesn't equals the parent field it throws an error (stops creating the rest of the child stories). I don't know whether it has something to do with the just before creation of the child or something else but am stuck.
Can somebody help me with this issue please? Thank you very much.
Best regards,
Joost