At the company where I'm consulting, besides Jira, their main "scheduler" is Google Sheets. So, they have created makeshift schedules in Sheets. I then create tables in Confluence to reflect status of each project.
Needless to say, this process is prone to much error. So, what I've been asked to do is embed the Sheet in the Confluence page so it's dynamic - update the Sheet, it gets reflected in Confluence. However, they don't want just sheet that looks like the image below. They want the actual contents of the spreadsheet to display which I understand to be embedding.
And yet try though I might, I cannot embed anything. I always get what you see here. I've tried copying, sharing the link, etc. I think that once or twice by some miracle (maybe testing on my own machine), I've been able to hover over the URL and get choices, none of which were embed. (Inline, card, etc.)
The online solutions I've read indicate you need a Google macro (they do not have one) or first publish to the web (private, so impossible). And yet as I look around their Confluence pages, I see embedded timelines. So, I don't know how to do this or even if it's really doable at all in this environment. What am I missing?
