Hello Community,
In my project, I would like to see the following hierarchy in the Timeline view:
Feature , Epic , Story , Task
My goal is to have a Task directly linked to a Story (not only as a Sub-task). For example:
At the moment, when I look at the Timeline view, I only see Epics and Stories displayed. Tasks are not showing up in the hierarchy.
In addition, when I create a Task, the Parent field only allows me to select an Epic. I would like to be able to set the parent to a Story as well, so that Tasks can be properly organized under Stories.
- Is it possible to configure Jira so that Tasks can be linked to Stories (and shown in the Timeline), instead of being limited to Sub-tasks or Epics?
- Or is there another recommended approach to achieve this hierarchy?
Any guidance or best practices would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you in advance for your help
Best regards,
Vanessa