I want to use a smart value where the input value can be customized based on the each issue. Can I do it?
Hi @Parida, Shriyansu Sekhar
Using a Jira smart value that varies according to each problem is feasible, yes. Jira automation's smart values enable dynamic referencing of variables like summary, reporter, priority, custom fields, and more, enabling your automation to conduct actions that are specific to the data of each issue.
Hope this helps!
Hi @Parida, Shriyansu SekharI'm not sure I understand your question correctly. It sounds to me like you need a “normal” smart value and nothing special. To better understand smart values, take a look at the related documentation:
https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/smart-values-in-jira-automation/
I hope this helps you. If not, please provide more details about your problem.
Best regards,Matthias
I am looking to create some custom fields which is very specific to my process specially some values as numbers and during the flow of the issue it removes the in-between assignee names and shows the last assignee name. I want some fixed fields to capture those names as well.
Hi,
Yes I referred to this link. Sorry I was not clear in the first place. I am looking to create some custom fields which I can use for reporting.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.