I am almost embarressed to ask this question, as it was so simple in the old 'view'.
The company in which I am working has forced the "New work transition experience" on us, and we can no longer choose to revert back to the old experience.
Myself and my colleagues REALLY do not like it. It was much eaiser to select a project and 'work in it' before. Now, the left menu appears to be static, allowing to choose Projects, Filters, Dashboards, Teams etc. The big problem I have, I can't choose a Project, as I can only choose a Board within the project.
Once chosen, the static left menu remains, and what I would hope to see here, is shown across the top of the screen (I have to change EVERY BOARD to show List as my default view, as well as all re-order my preferred items).
Anyway >>> How should I create a filter for a project? It was so intuitive before, now that I can't go back to the old view, I can't remember how it was acheived so easily!!!
The only way I have been able to do this, is to choose Filters from the Static menu on the left. This means that there is no current project, so I have to choose an existing filter, and then modify it. Surely no developer would think that is OK?
NB There is Search Work Items directly under Filters, but that appears to show every project within the whole company (?!?!?!) TBH I don't actually know what a work item is, and to be really honest, I DON'T CARE! I just want to filter the issues within a project to which I am assigned.
I can't believe Atlassian have completely disregarded usability in this regard, and so I am sure I must be doing something wrong. Can someone please tell what is the correct and most efficient way to write a filter FOR ALL issues within a project?
NB I have no idea if Jira admins have chosen a customised layout for this 'transition experience', or if the whole Jira Cloud community have the same views.