I'm working on a jira automation flow. every time a value is added to the client field for a ticket, i want the 'Total revenue" number field to update on the ticket adding that client's revenue amount. The revenue amount per client is stored in a lookup table within the rule. I can get my logs to return the list of clients on the ticket, and their related revenue numbers. i can also get my total revenue number to update within the branch, but i can't get that to sum and update the jira field outside of the branch at the end. here's what I have that is the closest I've got:
When: Value changes for Client
Group 1:
Then:
- Create Variable
- variable name: totalRevenue
- Smart value: 0
And:
- Create lookup table
- lookup table variable name: clientRevenueTable
- Define table entries: Adams | 1000, Kids | 2500
(Branch)
- For each: Smart value
- Smart value: {{issue.Client.value}}
- Variable name: eachClient
- Then:
- Create Variable
- Variable name: clientRevenue
- Smart value: {{clientRevenueTable.get(eachClient).asNumber}}
- And: Create Variable
- Variable name: totalRevenue
- Smart value: {{#=}}{{totalRevenue}} + {{clientRevenue}}{{/}}
Outside of Branch:
- Then: Edit work item field:
- Total Revenue: {{totalRevenue}}
I've also tried creating total revenue in the branch as {{totalRevenue.asNumber.plus(clientRevenue.asNumber)}}
I've got logs at each of these steps that i didn't include for readability, but essentially they show:
- Clients are consistently pulling into the rule
- The lookup table is working (i.e. if the client is set to Adams and Kids i can return 1000 and 2500
- I have using the above been able to get it to set total revenue within the branch, but it won't update it outside of the branch


