Where are the colors (Gray, Blue, Green) on the Kanban-Board Column-Heads??
How can I get this back?
Hi @toba ,
Can you maybe share on which types of projects you have seen this? Was it business or software and was it on company-managed or team-managed projects?
Additionally, you could check which changes were rolled out to your site if you're Org admin by navigating to admin.atlassian.com > Apps > App updates.
One more thing is that column colors are still visible when you go to board settings > Columns but I don't recall seeing those colors on the active board. 👀
Cheers,Tobi
I also still see the colours - which relate to the status category - but only when editing the columns. I don't recall them ever showing these colours in the actual board.
Hi Tobi,
it’s a Business project (Jira Work Management), team-managed.
Best regards,Thomas
Got it @toba. Thanks for clarifying!
I haven't been using team-managed projects that often so I can't say how it was before. I've tried checking in app updates (mentioned above), but there's no change/improvement listed there related to what you're describing.
What I usually do in these cases is contact Atlassian Support and ask for clarification and confirmation of the update. For example, today they have changed one system icon for work type, which caused quite a confusion in one instance we're managing 😅
I'd say the same would apply for this: https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Jira-questions/Re-Re-confetti-animation/qaq-p/3088006/comment-id/1141488#M1141488
I'm usually avoiding team-managed projects, so I'm of no use here, sorry!
thanks for getting back to me and for checking the app updates — really appreciate it! I like your approach of reaching out to Atlassian Support in cases like this, and I might follow that path as well.
You mentioned that you usually avoid team-managed projects. I’m curious — what makes them problematic in your experience? I’d love to hear your take on the main drawbacks.
Also, you said that a simple change of a system icon caused quite a bit of attention. That’s interesting — what makes a change like that stand out so much in practice?
Thanks again for your time and for sharing your insights!
I’d recommend taking a look at the Advanced Agile and Kanban Boards we’ve built.
They allow you to define colors for columns and column groups, as well as apply different color indicators when WIP limits are exceeded.
Thanks,Yuri
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.