I am trying to use automation to populate fields in a jira ticket from a dynamic form filled out in the Self Service Portal.
I have a dynamic form that changes based on some drop down menus. When the ticket is created the form is attached and that's great. On the right hand side of the ticket, under "More fields" I can see that my fields are there. But they are empty. The correct options are available but aren't selected based on the form.
An example is "Product Area" with a dropdown with 4 choices. I select, say, "choice3" but the "More fields" "Product Area" remains empty.
So I tried to create an automation script that kicks on "When: Form submitted" with a "Then:edit work field items" but it's not working.
I think there is something fundamental I'm missing but I don't know what it is.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.