Our site admin no longer has access to their email address. Is there a way to transfer site admin rights to a different user? This is on a free account (only 3 users).
@gregory_embree welcome to the Atlassian community
I will escalate this to Atlassian support.
Thank you!
Hi @gregory_embree
Welcome to Atlassian community!
I see that you want to transfer site admin/org admin role from one user to another.
For now I can see that you have only one admin active on the site at the moment and we cannot transfer the org admin access in the free plan for you.However, you can advise the existing org admin to access the instance and recover the password and try again so that they can transfer the ownership to you.
For more information you can refer to https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/transfer-content-item-ownership-from-one-user-to-another/.
Hope this helps!
Best Regards,
Vishalakshi Narayanaswamy
Hi Vishalakshi- thanks for the response. As mentioned, the org admin can no longer reach the email address so I guess we're stuck so long as we're on the free plan.
One way to grant more people Org Admin rights, in this case, would be to gain access to the email account of the old Org/Site Admin and use that account to log into Atlassian and grant the appropriate people admin access.
Further, it is always best practice to revoke the old org admin rights and nominate backup org admins to mitigate this issue from reoccurring.
Below are the steps to regain control of your Atlassian Organisation:
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.