I copied a table from Google Sheets in which curly brackets were used in some texts to Jira. It looks nice until I saved the change.
After this, the layout is garbage.
Hi @Otto Christiaanse and welcome,
Try to use the following :
| {old value} | Unchanged || {New value} | {New value} |
For more information please take a look to the following article https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/WikiRendererHelpAction.jspa?section=tables
Hope this helps,
Fabio
Thank you for your response.
But the issue is, that I'm not just creating 2x2 tables, but I'm pasting stuff from Google Sheets: 4x10 tables with complex values.
I can't copy the content nor a screenshot here for obvious reasons, but I reduced it to something tangible.
It is obviously something wrong in Jira in how it deals with copy/past and saving data.
I've tried what you suggested.
1. I pasted the text you posted. Looks good
2. I saved the text you posted. Looks good
3. I edited the text you posted. Looks good
4. I saved the text you posted. Garbage again.
Hi @Otto Christiaanse
So when you edit the information in an application and paste it, there is background information that creates the garbage as Jira transforms it.
What if you copy the information to a text editor first and see what you get?
Also Jira has values that are preserved, like slashes and more also curly brackets, these are use to define smart values.
So when you copy the data from the sheet there is something triggering Jira to adjust the information
The same usually applies when pasting something from a web page into another page it will tell there is html coding attached, then you need to paste it an match the destination style.
Or paste it into a text edtor and remove content.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.