Hello community,I have problems to create teststeps via the API - interface.I am using the XRAY plugin, is the API different to the cloud solution?Btw. I get an 404 error message.I am very thankful for every hintMartin
Hi @Martin Pohmer
Welcome to the community.
Which API endpoint are you using and are you on Cloud or DC?
To import test with test steps via Xray, you need to use the following API endpoint or the Test Case importer.
Importing+Tests+-+REST+v2 for API, check the correct URL REST+API and Authentication.
Importing+Tests+using+Test+Case+Importer
Primary: Jira Cloud with Xray PluginEndpoint: https://acialqcentris.atlassian.netAPI Path: /rest/api/2/ (Standard Jira REST API)Type: Jira Cloud (not Data Center)Endpoint: https://xray.cloud.getxray.app/api/v1
I cannot use the import function cause we want to automate the workflow coming from the user story
What is you goal.
You can add test steps to a Story.
You need to create a Test work item with test steps, and link this to the Story.
@Marc -Devoteam- I want to create a test case from an existing user story with python using the APIand want to add test steps into the test case with API not with import.Creating a testcase already is working and I can add a descriptionbut I cannot create test steps in test details
for ActionDataExpected result
HI @Martin Pohmer
Use the https://docs.getxray.app/space/XRAYCLOUD/44577092/Importing+Tests+-+REST+v2
See structure on the example and make sure to use the correct API endpoint, see https://docs.getxray.app/space/XRAYCLOUD/44565892/REST+API
neither the native Jira RestAPI nor the XRAY RestAPI are capable of adding test steps.
But:
with XRAY comes another API - the graphQL API
https://docs.getxray.app/space/XRAYCLOUD/44565894/GraphQL+API
This API consists of a manipulation method that can add test steps to existing test items. see the documentation in the link below:
https://us.xray.cloud.getxray.app/doc/graphql/addteststep.doc.html
BestStefan
Hi, we couldnt manage it.So I think we migrate to the cloud solution.
Please stick to answer within already open threads and not creating new answers everytime you answer.
Please give more details in order to be able to help you.
What exactly did you try? what was the result? show your calls.
Furthermore:
what do you mean with „migrating to cloud solution“? In your original post you said you are running on cloud already. the solution i suggest is on cloud too. I tested the graphQL method and it does exactly that job.
If you give us more details about where you got stuck we might get this running.
any further information?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.