We're planning a migration from YouTrack to Jira. One of the things we're trying to do is set up a set of status's inside Jira which match our business workflow, something that was trivial inside YouTrack.
Easy enough to set up status names, but I can't actually change colors of the status's, outside the Gray / Blue / Green "Category" options.
I don't want to instruct my team to download a browser extension to do this, so is there any plan on allowing people to set up meaningful colors for their status's, so I can tell at a glance how far through the process a task is, with Red = Not Started through to Green = Completed.
I can only find posts about this from 18 months ago, and the AI chat's keep stating it can't be done without browser plugins, but there also seems to be some demand for it. So wondering if it's on the road map.