I have just recently started using JSM as a Customer Support tool for our SaaS business. I have 2 different email addresses added to the email channel. Example:support@example.comvipsupport@example.comRight now when a customer emails in a support request there is no way for me to tell which email address they sent it to. The goal is to have different queues that the support agents can use to view the requests and that they know the VIP requests are priority. how do I set this up?
Hi @Dan Langenberg
Welcome to the community.
Have you considered dedicating a Request Type to each email? You can use this field for filtering, dashboards, and more.
How This Would Work:Each incoming email address would be linked to a specific Request Type in JSM.You can then filter tickets using JQL, dashboards, or reports based on the Request Type.
Steps to Implement:Create Separate Request Types
Go to Project settings > Request typesAdd a new request type for each email (e.g., "Support Request - Email1", "Support Request - Email2").
Configure Email-to-Request Type Mapping
Set up different incoming email addresses in Project settings > Email requests.Assign each email to a specific request type.
Use JQL to Differentiate Tickets
Once this is set up, you can filter tickets like:"Request Type" = "Support Request - Email1"This allows you to easily see which tickets came from which email.
Pros & Cons of This Approach
Pros:
Simple to implement.No need for custom fields or automation rules.Works natively with JQL and dashboards.
Cons:
Requires setting up multiple request types (can get messy if there are many emails).If request types are used for other purposes, this could complicate workflows.
Would this approach work for your?
Thanks for this suggestion. I think we will try this. I will let you know how it goes.
Here is where I am stuck:
I tried undoing and redoing this and I am stuck
I can pick any one of the request on my side.
Do keep in mind the request types can only have the fields Summary and Description, no other fields or a form.
This ended up being the issue. Thanks for pointing that out. Now that I changed the fields I am able to select my new request types from the drop down. Thank you!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.