Hello!
I have a rather strange issue with a single user in my Confluence Cloud instance.
I have a single user who receives an error message whenever they attempt to search using the Live Search macro added to a space's homepage. I am an org admin and have not been able to recreate the issue. This error occurs:
- only for this user
- only for this space
- only when they use Microsoft Edge as their browser
I have confirmed:
- this user has the same space permissions as the rest of their team
- no one else on their team receives this error
- no one else with access to the space in question receives this error
- this error does not occur when they use a Live Search macro on any other space they have access to
- they do not have any errors when using the search bar at the top of the screen
- they do not have any errors when using the search bar above the page tree on the left side of the screen
- they do not have this error when they access the space in question with Google Chrome
Troubleshooting attempted:
- cleared browser cache
- logged out/logged back in
- ensured OS and browser are up to date
- rebooted computer
- accessed space through alternative links
- ensured all open browsers listed in Task Manager were closed, then relaunched
This is a new issue for this user. The Live Search macro was working correctly for them in this space up until July 9, 2025.
Have you come across this before? Do you have any recommendations for troubleshooting? I don't know what my next steps should be.
Thanks for any help you can provide!