Hi everyone,
I'm facing an issue with JIRA Service Management.
In my project, I have multiple request types:
Each request type uses its own workflow, and I have properly restricted internal request types so that customers cannot access them or create them.
However, in the request tracking view of the customer portal, customers can still see statuses that belong to all workflows — including internal ones. This results in a long and unclear list of statuses for the customer, which shouldn't be the case.
My goal is for customers to only see statuses related to their own customer requests, not statuses used by internal workflows.
Here's what I've already checked:
Each request type uses a separate workflow
Internal request types are restricted
Some statuses are likely shared across multiple workflows
My questions are:
Does using shared statuses across multiple workflows make those statuses appear in the customer portal, even if the workflows are used only for internal requests?
If yes, is the best practice to create entirely separate (unique) statuses for internal workflows?
Thanks in advance for your help.