I have a request type that is hidden from portal (no Portal group assigned) called "Analysis" and it is linked to the same named work type.
Agents create those work items, and assign someone to fill in a form or comment on the work item. 95% of the cases those users who get assigned are not licensed users, they are just SD customers.
To assign those work items I created a custom user picker field named "Responsible".
I have an automation that will send an email to person who is in "Responsible" field.
But when they click on the link in the email they see a error message that they don't have access to this issue.
I know the workaround or expected solution would be to add those people to Req. Participant field but I was thinking to reserve this for something else.
My question is - is there any other way I can bypass Jira default Assignee, Req participant or Creator fields with custom User pickers and achieve the similar result - issue being visible to the SD customer?