Our customer is changing us from our company-managed Jira to their Jira instance, which I believe is also company-managed. They have made me a project admin and there is a capability in our Jira that I cannot replicate in their Jira. This is adding in the dropdown box to the backlog view to quickly change task status.
Screenshot of the Jira we're migrating away from with the dropdown:

Screenshot of the new Jira we're moving to, without the dropdown. I did find a way to display the current status, but not a modifiable status.

In the new Jira, I've noticed I also cannot change the task Status in the Detailed View like I can in our old Jira. The only way I can change the task status is via the Active Sprint view and move it from one column to the next, or I can click on the item to load it in a new page and then change it there.
There are times it's convenient to change multiple item statuses from the backlog view and I would like to get this capability into our new Jira instance. Is this something I can do, or what do I need to ask the Jira admin to turn on so we can have this in our project and on our boards?