I see two options for resetting SLA if an issue if commented on, "by customer" or "for customer", I was wondering to see if there was a way for any comment or internal note to reset the SLA of the issue.
I see the API workaround for forecebly rebuilding the SLA but when the item is rebuilt it still shows the previous time
I tried a basic SLA with "issue created" start condition and the "status done" stop condition with an automation that rebuilds the SLA when the issue is commented on, the automation worked and the API call returns a 200 but the SLA is not reset to 24 hours
https://support.atlassian.com/jira/kb/use-automation-to-recalculate-slas/ support article for reference
Example
Ticket is opened -SLA is 24Hr
12 Hours Pass -SLA is 12 Hr
Eng does an internal reply on ticket -SLA Reset to 24hr and counts down
(preferably without 3rd party tools)
Any help would be appreciated thanks in advance.