We have made no changes to our JIRA project , but now when we create story , we get this error :
please associate an epic as a parent to your story
If we do associate an epic , it still brings up the same message. This does not happen on creating tasks , only stories and doesn't happen on any other JIRA projects in our estate.
This was working fine over a week ago. I have also checked the mandatory fields for the story and the PARENT field is not mandatory (greyed out ad non mandatory)
Also , if I try and just import a simple story via CSV :
summary,desc
Test, test desc
I get this error :
2025-07-25 15:05:57,517 INFO - Only new items will be imported
2025-07-25 15:05:57,895 INFO - Importing work item: [externalId='autoid--5155576474699886810', summary='Test']
2025-07-25 15:05:58,057 ERROR - Error importing work item [externalId='autoid--5155576474699886810', summary='Test']: Unable to create issue: Test