Hello! We are using Jira Cloud with Project Type = 'Jira - software project'. We use epics with tasks, and some tasks have sub-tasks. I just discovered that it works great for our team, when doing stand-ups and such, to view the kanban board with "Group: Epic" — so that epics appear in ranked order, as expandable/collapsible "swim lanes" on the board. Awesome! 🎉
However, the sub-tasks are appearing at the bottom under "No Epic," and this is not expected. I read this and some other similar threads. Of course I understand that a work item can have only one "parent" work item. The parent of the sub-task is the task; and the parent of the task is the epic; and "the sub-task doesn't connect directly to the epic."
Still, for this use case, if a sub-task is in Task_N, and Task_N is in Epic_X, then of course we would expect the sub-task to appear on the kanban board (when grouped by epic) within the Epic_X group. Please help? Is there something I can do now, to get what we want? Or, can I request this change? Much appreciated!