When are the customer request creation or comment creation endpoints in the Service Desk API going to support ADF for the description field?
Hi @Nicolás Dijkstra
Welcome to the community.
In V3 of the API you can.
See previous post.
https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Jira-Service-Management/Updating-description-field-using-REST-API-and-Atlassian-Document/qaq-p/2830322
Thanks @Marc -Devoteam- for the link, however I'm using the Jira Service Management Cloud API not Jira V3.
The reason why I'm doing so is to be able to upload temporaryAttachments and then create comments with these attachments. If I create an issue via V3 (instead of a customer request via Service Management API, then I get a permission error when trying to create comment with the attachment)
Creating request via the API the description field won't work with attachments, you will need to use the attachment field.
If you would create an issue via the portal and don't have the attachment field in the request type, you can't add attachments.
This is a requirement on creating request.
Hi @Marc -Devoteam- ,
I'm creating the request via API (with the Create customer request endpoint) without attachments, then I'm using the attach temporary file endpoint and finally creating a comment with attachment (with this endpoint) - and this all is working fine as long as I don't use ADF in the "body" or "description" attributes.
Anyway, this question is not related to attachments - I just mentioned these as one of the use cases why I needed to use the service desk API instead of V3. This is about being able to use ADF with the service desk API.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.