We are trying to create Analytics Dashboards using “Multiple Sprints Overview” Template and having some questions:
- How to connect teams to sprints
- How to preserve team-specific settings for different teams
- How to add additional diagrams to existing template
- Is it possible to use Jira Dashboard templates/reports/data in Analytics (for example, Sprint Burndown reports) in Analytics.
I have answers for my client, but I am looking to validate them.
How to connect teams to sprints
The "multiple sprints" dashboard does not have a direct way to explicitly connect teams to sprints. A work around suggested for this is to use Assignees dropdown by team members. I do note that labels is within the control set of the dashboard, so a workaround may be to have an automation assign the team name to a label of issues and then use the label field to aggregate data.
How to preserve team-specific settings for different teams
Since we are using workarounds to achieve Teams reporting, we may not have a means to preserve this data.
I believe the answer to 3 is they would need to build a new dashboard template
I am not sure on 4