I am a Jira org admin. My organization's Outlook is configured to encrypt all emails coming from outside our domain using Proofpoint. As a result, when anyone replies to an automated email from Jira (or includes the "jira@*.atlassian.net" email address), Jira tried to post the email as a comment to the related work item, but since it is encrypted, it only posts a URL to the "securemail" message, which cannot be opened. And Jira also creates 3 attachments in the work item: SecureMessageAtt.html (which is the HTML formatting for the email without any content), lock.gif (the padlock icon), and logo.png (our organization's logo that appears on the email).
I think the easiest thing to do would be just to disable the incoming email handler and let people know that emails will not automatically post comments to Jira. This is not a problem as our organization does not use Jira for service desk capabilities.
I found this article: Create work items and comments from email | Atlassian Support, which says to go to (gear) > System > Mail > Incoming Mail. But I do not see a "Mail" option when I go to system settings (general or advanced). We are running Jira Premium in the cloud. Where can I go to disable the incoming email handler?