I am trying the Atlassian MCP with Claude and it unlocks powerful workflows.
However, when the MCP fetches and updates pages, it loses macros like page properties, layouts, and the table of contents.
There is a third-party mcp (https://github.com/sooperset/mcp-atlassian/blob/main/src/mcp_atlassian/confluence/pages.py) that has options to skip the conversion of pages to markdown.
Am I missing some setting or prompt technique?
Hi @Georg Duemlein
Welcome to Atlassian community!
From the problem summary, I understand that you have queries related to the MCP server configuration and integration.
I would like to inform you that we have a dedicated MCP team to assist you with the same, I suggest you to raise a support request directly with the MCP team here: https://customerfeedback.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1701/group/1762/create/11360.
Hope this helps!
Best Regards,
Vishalakshi Narayanaswamy
hi @Vishalakshi Narayana Swamy
Is there a new page where i can resolve these answered?
im also traying to use mcp and macros.
Greatings
Hi @Lucas Sanchez ,
Thank you very much for writing back to us.
Can you please specify more in detail on what page your are looking forward to so that I can assist you better?
I'm looking to update existing pages in my space. I need to add a details macro to each page.
<ac:structured-macro ac:name="details" ac:schema-version="1" data-layout="default"><ac:parameter ac:name="hidden">true</ac:parameter>...
I realized that Atlassian MCP requires the ADF format.
{"error":true,"message":"Invalid ADF content provided. Failed to parse: Unexpected token '<', "<ac:struct"... is not valid JSON"}
I also tried using an automation rule, but I couldn't find a way to add the macro.
Finally, I'm using the REST API. I created a token and, using curl, updated my pages.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.