I'm trying to write a bug and cannot because I believe I setup my account incorrectly.
Hello @Patrick Winnard
Welcome to the Atlassian community.
What happens when you try to create a bug?
Without that information any suggestions we offer would be woefully uninformed and highly likely to be irrelevant to your scenario.
When you click on the Create button you may need to pick the Project in which you want to create a new work item and the Type of work item you want to create.
After selecting the Project, is "Bug" an option available for you to select for the work item type?
If not, then that work item type needs to be added to the project. The method to do that depends on the type of project you are using.
Get the project Type information by going to the Projects menu, selecting More Projects, then View All Projects. Find your project in the list and tell us what it says in the Type column.
If you are already able to select Bug as the work item type, then the next question I have is what happens when you try to save the new item? Do you get an error message? If so, what is the message?
The work type says "Task" I want it to saying "Bug" but do not know how to change.
Thank you for that additional informaiton.
Can you provide a screen image of what you are seeing?
Is there not a pull down option to let you choose a different value? Example:
Are you trying to create a child issue or a sub-task? Are you starting by clicking the Create button at the top of the screen, or by clicking the Add button within an existing issue, similar to these?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.