Hi everyone,
in my overall support workflow requests are collected using an external service. The external service will then forward the requests to JSM via e-mail. The from e-mail address is always a technical e-mail adrress from the external service, not the customers e-mail address. The ticket created from the e-mail then has the technical e-mail address as reporter.
The message of the e-mail adheres to a structured schema and contains the customers e-mail address. I want to use an automation to extract the customers e-mail address and then change the reporter to this address. Extracting the e-mail already works as expected. However updating the reporter does not work as expected. I'm facing the following problems:
1. Specify a valid value for reporter (reporter)
If I try to update the reporter to the extracted e-mail address I get this error in the automation audit log. I suspected that the reason for the error is that no customer exists for the extracted e-mail address yet. Here is the exact configuration I'm using:

Please note that the smart value {{customerEmailAddress}} contains the extracted e-mail address of the customer. I verified that the address is extracted correctly using the log action.
2. Sorry, self-signup is disabled for this help center. You need to be invited first.
I tried to use the 'Add service project customer' action to create a customer first. However this fails with the error mentioned above. I already ran through the steps shown from the following guide, but it did not fix the problem with the self-signups: https://support.atlassian.com/jira/kb/jsm-incoming-email-error-self-signup-disabled/
TL;DR: How can I change the reporter to the e-mail address extracted from the issue description?
Thanks for your help, I glad for every idea you might have.