This question is in reference to Atlassian Developer Documentation: Automation Rule Components
The documentation says there is a then in JIRA servicedesk automation: "Edit issue to select and change a field in your issue, such as assignee or priority (this affects fields that may not appear in each issue type)" .
We cannot see this in our installation, is this a bug? Currently Running Servicedesk in 7.2.4
Thanks for helping
Tobias Ott
JIRA Service Desk 3.3 which was relesed on thusday has this feature: https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedesk/jira-service-desk-3-3-x-release-notes-861178652.html
We expanded the set of fields you can add using automation rules. You can now edit components or labels in the Edit issue THEN action.
Tobias,
First let me state that I am running Cloud so the info here may not be completely relevant. With that said, automation should appear as follows (this is an example of a new Custom rule), illustrating the "then" component. Note, maybe there is more to your question as I don't understand the relevance of the doc segment ("Edit issue...") to what I believe your question to be - 'where is the THEN'.
image2017-1-4 4:48:30.png
Hi Jack,
the problem is not, that the then itself is missing, the action "Edit issue" action is missing.
Best regards
Toby
ok. got it. so in my instance I see the "Edit issue" when i add a trigger to the Then component. I can only assume if you do not then it is a bug on server.
image2017-1-4 5:44:18.png
note that you won't see the then components w/o first having the when/if components defined. but i expect that is not your scenario. might be good to post an image of what you do see so others can chime in if they are experience same.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.