Hello,
I am working on multiple different project boards, with different identifiers, and want to copy tickets from one board into another.
e.g. copy ticket AAA-1 from board AAA to board BBB
Is there a way to do this?
Thanks,
Ian
Hi @Ian CourtYou can clone the ticket, then move that ticket into the targeted project.Use this add-on, which provides the opportunity to clone the issue into the targeted project.https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/44043/clone-plus-for-jiraOr create a Global Automation, which will work for those 2 projects.For example, when ticket AAA-1 is being transitioned into the "In Progress" status, create a ticket in the targeted project and copy all needed information.
Hello @Ian Court
Welcome to Atlassian Community!
The Board displays the issues retrieved by the JQL filter that the Board uses. If you want to display tickets from one project on a Board associated with another project, or if you need to show tickets on multiple Boards, you can adjust the Board filter to include those tickets.
Thanks!
Thanks Swathi.However, I don't want to display tickets from multiple boards I want to copy a ticket from one board to another
Hi @Ian Court,
I am Marlene, product manager of Deep Clone for Jira.
If you want to clone and move regularly between projects and are open to work with a Marketplace app, I recommend Deep Clone.
You can either use the Single Clone feature, which is (after installation) accessible from the work item action menu.
You can also speed up this process by working with Deep Clone Presets.
Another option would be to automize cloning with the Deep Clone Post Function.
Cloning between projects can be complicated, because of different project configurations and project types. With Deep Clone we focus strongly on enabling our customers to successfully clone, and if not to get early and detailed feedback, if a clone is not possible or was not successful.
Hi @Ian Court
As a solution I can recommend trying our app Elements Copy & Sync that is designed to make cloning of tickets in Jira easier, faster and automatic.
That way you won't have to manually clone your tickets from your board AAA to the BBB board.
The app is for free during 30 days (and it stays free under 10 users) so don't hesitate to give it a try!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.