As a Confluence Product Administrator, I support user management across a wide range of Confluence spaces. One of the ongoing challenges I face is navigating the Space Permissions screen—especially in older spaces where numerous users were manually added before my tenure. This can make the interface quite cumbersome to work with.
To address this, I’ve been actively cleaning up access by requiring users to request permissions through SailPoint and Active Directory. While this has improved governance, even managing group-based access can be quite tedious due to the current UI limitations.
Question:
Does Atlassian have any plans on the roadmap to improve the Confluence Space Access interface?
If not, I’d like to propose the following enhancements:
Sortable User/Group Column
Add the ability to sort the first column (Users or Groups) in ascending or descending order.
Sticky Permission Headers
Freeze the permission headers when scrolling vertically to maintain context.
Sticky User/Group Column
Freeze the first column when scrolling horizontally to improve visibility.
Bulk Add Functionality
Enable the option to add multiple users or groups at once—e.g., by pasting a list from Excel.
Below is a simple mock-up to illustrate my suggestion points above:
