I am writing this post for a second time because this "Ask a question" form is really bad and after I clicked publish - it seems to have just thrown away my question.
Therefore I am not going to spend the time again by writing all the details I did before.
I will simply ask - is this application dead or does Attlasian plan to fix it?https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1219929/mail-issue-send-email-to-issue?hosting=cloud&tab=supportIt does not work. Support link leads to an error. Documentation link leads to an error. The feature looks to be a basic functionality that should be supported natively - not having it makes JIRA behind Trello that supports this feature out of the box for free.
Hello @Peter Hostačný,
Thank you for reaching out on the Atlassian Community.
I wanted to ask, have you heard of the Jira Cloud's built in mail handler, which can receive emails and convert those received emails into new work items, or comments? More information about how to create work items from email can be found here.
In the meantime, can you please confirm that you have reached out directly to the vendor of this Marketplace App to see if they can assist you?
You can navigate directly to the link below, then select the 'Submit support request' button a the bottom of the page to open a support request with this vendor directly:https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1219929/mail-to-work-item?hosting=cloud&tab=support
Hey @Peter Hostačný
welcome to the Atlassian Community. The app you've mentioned is not developed by Atlassian themselves, but by the marketplace partner Atlas Cloudlet.
I was also unable to find documentation or anything online about the company - I wouldn't trust too much into the app right now.
There are multiple other apps in the marketplace which extend Jira with email functionality. Would one of them work for you?
Cheers,Matthias.
I am not able to uninstall this app. I have cancelled the trial and now it's pending. Why would Attlasian not allow third party app uninstallation?
@Matthias Gaiser _K15t_ thanks for the suggestion but I simply need a way to put the issue into "CC" so the email thread gets attached and also all the following replies. Does any of the apps support this functionality?
Yeah, I think you have to wait until the trial is over and then you can uninstall the app. I also don't understand why.
Hi @Nathan Phillips
Thanks for your response. I see the application owner has updated the links, and I was able to create a support ticket now. I will likely give the app another try once I receive a reply.
Regarding the "Jira Cloud's built-in mail handler" you mentioned - I’ve skimmed through the documentation, but honestly, the documentation feels overly complicated. What we’re really looking for is a very simple way to attach an email thread to an issue by forwarding it to a unique email address.
In my view, this kind of functionality shouldn’t require extensive setup or documentation like the one in the link. Ideally, it could be as simple as a toggle in Jira’s configuration (or even enabled by default) - provided that issue-specific email addresses are generated with a secure, unguessable hash string, and that email previews are safe from risks such as JavaScript injection.
Best regards,Peter
Just to follow up on this (older) topic - we managed to make the "Mailbox for Jira" application work (after the maintainer fixed the issues).
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.