Hi Atlassian Community,
I’m working on a backend system that fetches Jira Epics and I need to determine the actual start date specifically the date when an issue transitions from Analyzed to Approved. I’ve tried filtering with JQL like status in AND status was Analyzed BEFORE AND status was Approved AFTER, which helps limit the issues but doesn’t expose the actual transition date.
Using created or updated fields is misleading as they often don’t reflect the real status change. The only working method so far is adding expand=changelog and then parsing the changelog to extract the transition date, but this significantly affects performance due to the heavy payload and making API calls for every epic.
Is there any alternative way to retrieve just the status transition date without pulling the full changelog?
I’d really appreciate any guidance or confirmation on whether this is a technical limitation in Jira Cloud REST API.