Since the new navigation update was enabled in our org, we are now experiencing a problem where completed stories are appearing in the backlog.
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/what-is-the-new-navigation-in-jira/
We have made no changes to our settings. Is anyone aware of something with this most recent update that needs to be additionally changed so that the stories do not appear?
I can filter them out of the board view, but that removes them from visibility within the active sprint as well which isn't a desired outcome.
For additional context, I also found this post:
https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Jira-Service-Management/quot-Done-quot-issues-still-shows-as-Unresolved/qaq-p/2356939
There was no step to set resolved to done, so I added it. The done stories are still appearing though, just with strikethrough.
Thanks in advance for any ideas!
Hello @Rebekka Reischl
What type of project does this concern? Get that information from the View All Projects page under the Projects menu.
Is this a Kanban board or a Scrum board?
Can you provide a screen image that shows a "done" issue being listed in the backlog?
@Trudy P Claspill , Hello, this is a company-managed software project, and a scrum board, and I've added an image to my original post. let me know if there is more info I can provide. Thanks!
Thank you for that additional information.
Is the section of the backlog you are showing us the Backlog list within the Backlog screen or a Sprint list within the Backlog screen?
Right-most column issues should show on the Backlog screen in Active Sprints but should not show in the Backlog list section or in Sprints that have not been started.
@Trudy P Claspill , this is a company-managed software project, the section being shown is the backlog section below the sprint. And yes the behavior you describe is how it has always been until today.
Inexplicably about 10 minutes ago it is now exhibiting normal behavior (per myself and confirmed by the users who reported it.) Why it wasn't for a few hours, I have no idea, but I will consider this a resolved issue and post again if it returns.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.