Hi everyone 👋,
I’m currently experiencing a strange issue with email notifications in Jira Software Cloud, and I’m wondering if anyone else has encountered something similar or has any ideas.
The problem:
When issues are updated, the notification emails no longer include all the details of the changes. In most cases, I only receive:
a status change, or
an assignee update.
What’s missing are things like:
changes to other fields (e.g. labels, priority, custom fields)
description edits, comments, and similar updates
The behaviour is inconsistent – sometimes the full list of changes appears, but often it doesn’t. This started happening a few weeks ago. Prior to that, notifications always included a full summary of what had changed.
What I’ve already checked:
The notification scheme is correctly configured and has not been changed.
No recent changes were made to workflows, project types or automation rules that might influence notifications.
My questions to the community:
Has anyone else experienced similar issues in Jira Cloud?
Could this be related to recent changes in Jira’s email formatting or notification system?
Is there a known change in how Jira renders and filters updates in notifications?
I’d really appreciate any insight or suggestions you might have.
Best regards,
Markus