I'm importing a CSV file with assets on it, for the example we have an IT system that is running on VM1 and VM2. VM1 and VM2 already exist as objects in my asset schema. When I import the CSV file, it does not map multiple VMs in the Host VM attribute field. It does work if I have a single VM in there, but not if there are two. Keep in mind, I can manually add more than 1 VM object into the Host VM field, but it does not automatically recognize them.
Things I have tried:
- Putting piping ( | ) between the two objects
- Putting semicolon between the two objects
- Putting a comma between the two objects
- Leaving just a space between the two objects
- Simple reference mapping using "Name" in Attributes Mapping
- Advanced reference mapping using Name IN (${VMs})
I have probably tried more but this is what comes to mind now. I'm sure it's some simple solution, but I am pulling my hair out here.
Example of the CSV I am trying to import:
IT System | IP Address | Host VM |
System1 | 192.168.1.1 | VM1, VM2 |
System 2 | 192.168.1.2 | VM3, VM4 |