I would like to create a list or board of all my work items, but would like it to include the epic, feature, story hierarchy.
Hi @lea.calvin
I'm usually on Datacenter, there may be a native way to achieve this on Cloud and I'll let others chime in.
Typically you will need a plugin, there are many that allow you to create a hierarchy and display it in different ways. I have a few favorites but will not promote one Marketplace vendor over another on this forum. Check to see what your site has, chat with your Jira admin, or if you don't have one a Jira super user for your site. If you are the Jira admin, there are great resources out there that can walk you thru how to do this with the different Marketplace options. I'd be surprised if @Alex Ortiz doesn't have a video on this exact use case.
Welcome to the community.
As you mention you are in Jira Enterprise, you will have the Plans option in the instance.
You might need to be granted access to Plans.
Then you can create a plan based on a filter with all issues where you are the assignee/reporter?
See Jira Plans documentation, get-started-with-advanced-roadmaps
Hello @lea.calvin
I am having issues replying, so if this is a repeat I apologize. If I remove Epic and just filter with Feature and Story, what would the ORDER BY use?
Also, I tried to create a Board, but when I choose kanban as the type, it does not show the JQL filter that I created.
If your current issue type hierarchy in Jira is structured as Epic > Feature > Story,you can create a board using a JQL filter such as project = [project ID].Then, in the Active Sprint view, set the Group by option to Epic.This will allow you to view your work items in a hierarchical structure of Epic > Feature > Story.I hope this helps clarify your use case and points you in the right direction.
Hi @lea.calvin,
Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
You could try the List view available at the Jira project level. This can display items by their hierarchy, along with child items.
An alternative solution would be to search on Atlassian Marketplace for an app that provides such view.
In case you want to try an app, our Great Gadgets app offers some gadgets that will help you solve the problem; they are highly configurable and flexible.
Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) gadget - displays the issues from a filter/JQL by their hierarchy along with their status.
All you have to do is to configure it with a filter/JQL that returns the issue to e grouped (epics, features, and stories) and it will do the grouping for you in a format like this:
Pivot Table & Pivot Chart gadget lets you create a pivot table based on issues from a filter/JQL.
In this case you need to configure it with a JQL that returns the only the stories, and to display the Parent of Epic, Parent Epic, Key: Summary, Status and other fields that you need.
Hope this helps.
Danut.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.