Hello everyone,
I've come across an interesting issue and would appreciate any insights.
An end user reported that she was unable to view all of the tickets she had submitted. During my investigation, I discovered two separate entries for the same user in the 'Reporter' field drop-down menu.
As a temporary fix, I manually updated the 'Reporter' field on her tickets to the correct user profile, which resolved her visibility problem.
However, I need to understand the root cause. I was able to extract the user IDs for both accounts and can confirm they are different. When I checked the audit logs for user invitations, I only found a single invitation sent on June 12th. The strange part is that the user showed me an email notification she received from our system on June 5th, a full week before she was formally invited.
My questions are:
What is the best way to identify and investigate this "ghost" user account?
How could she have been added to the system on June 5th without an official invitation?
Thanks in advance for your help!