This relates to this question:
Excerpt-in-Confluence-Database/qaq-p/2896718
@Cyrille Martin
Can anyone elaborate on why it is considered good practice to use only one excerpt macro on a page? I am considering using one of the plugins to allow me to access multiple parts of a page in a database (if that works - and I don't know if it does!), but I would love to understand if/why it might be a bad idea.
My use case is as follows:
I have a list of information, with various columns.
Some of my columns are nice formatted text fields, some are tags and numbers etc. So ideally I would create a page template, laid out the way I want it, to show each record on a single page each.
I could put it all directly in a database, but since I want to be able to report on each record within that database in a nicely formatted way, the database doesn't to help me with that.
But I also want to be able to see the info in table format too. So I though I could create a database, and pull in each of the data points as excerpts on each page. But that does not work because I do not have the ability to pull in multiple excerpts to my database.
Is there any other way to get what I need? Or can I use a plugin to allow me to use multiple excerpts per page to populate my database?
Thanks