Good morning!
I wanted to get feedback on setting up projects within Jira. Currently, our Jira instance is setup to where each product within our company has its own project. This is helpful for us as we have multiple teams that work on one product, so we are staying product management focused.
And this is where the discussion and advice is needed. We also have teams that work on multiple products, so tracking individual team velocity, burndowns can be difficult. Along with having products as projects, I also have project for each team, with a cross-project filter that shows all of the work that they are doing for their given sprint. However, viewing the project burndowns are difficult as those reports are based on sprints, not on teams. I have found multiple other posts with this dilemma, and it seems like an additional plug-in app maybe necessary.
So this question, is two-fold:
- Is it best to keep our setup of product for each project, with our unique structure?
- How is best to get team velocity/burndowns with this product management focus Jira setup?