Description:
This is regarding the recent deprecation of the old Jira issue search API and the shift to the new nextPageToken-based pagination mechanism. Referring to: Atlassian developer changelog
I'm facing a critical issue when fetching issues between two timestamps, say T1 and T2, using the new search API. The problem arises during pagination:
I fetch the first page of results between T1 and T2.
Before fetching the second page, an entity from the first page is updated, causing it to no longer meet the original query filter (i.e., it now falls outside T1–T2).
This update causes the remaining entities to shift between pages, resulting in data loss or duplication, as the nextPageToken does not guarantee a snapshot-stable view.
Constraints I'm facing:
Jira limits the number of issues I can fetch in one query to 5000 issues.
In contrast, I can bulk update up to 1000 issues at once. Additionally, at any given time, only 5 concurrent requests can be sent across all users. So, I can update issues faster than I can query them. Referring to: The Jira Cloud platform REST API
What I'm Looking For
Is there a way to:
Reliably fetch all issues updated between T1 and T2, without missing any due to shifting caused by mid-fetch updates?
Get all issues that had at least one revision in a given timeframe?
Anchor a result set (snapshot or revision token) so pagination remains stable?