Hello,
I’m working with two Jira projects:
CLIENT – each issue represents a client, with various custom fields (specific to this project)
ACCOUNTING – every month, on the 1st, we start work for each client
Here’s what I want to automate:
On the 1st of each month, automatically create a new issue in ACCOUNTING for each client (each issue from CLIENT).
The new issue should copy all custom field values from the CLIENT issue.
The new issue should be linked to the CLIENT issue (e.g., "is related to").
If I modify a custom field in the ACCOUNTING issue later on, the CLIENT issue should be updated accordingly.
My questions:
Do the custom fields have to be global in order to be copied/synced between projects?
How can I configure an automation that:
Runs monthly on a specific date (not triggered by status changes),
Selects all issues from the CLIENT project,
Creates linked issues in ACCOUNTING,
Copies all custom field values (automatically, not one by one)?
How can I ensure that any future changes made in ACCOUNTING custom fields will automatically sync back to the corresponding CLIENT issue?
Please let me know the exact steps to implement this (or if I need to use any marketplace apps).
Thank you!