I have Jira Cloud. I am creating a form based on a work item type. I want to create different sections for different categories of content.
Is it possible to create different sections in Jira Cloud forms?
Hi @Jay McKelvey
Yes, you can create different sections in form used on JSM request types.
But only in form on a JSM project. Form in a Jira project are fro internal use and don't offer these functions.
Thanks. So the answer to my question appears to be "No, I cannot create different sections in a Jira Cloud Forms". I would need to have Jira Service Management (JSM) to have this capability.
Yes.
But there is a loop hole. You can create advanced forms on a Jira project, but you can't create direct url to these forms.
Go to the project settings of your project, then in the url replace the word after settings/ at then end of the url with forms
You will get the advanced from option.
Hi Jay,
There is the built in Request Type form that is simple to use and less "capable" and does not include Sections.
For the more Advanced Forms that have the ability to add Sections, click the Forms menu option under the Request management section in Project Settings of the JSM project.
That didn't work for me. If you think it should, what should the link be? I tried "/jira/settings/forms". Note: I'm on Jira Cloud, NOT JSM.
My question is about Jira Cloud, NOT JSM. I don't have JSM.
Gotcha. The post was put in under JSM - I will move it to Jira.
oh.. I didn't realize that. Great catch. Thank you.
Hello @Jay McKelvey Unfrotunatly, Jira Cloud native forms doesn't support any sections or conditional logic. If you are okay with add-ons you can try Smart Forms for Jira developed by my team - this ones supports conditional logic to show or hide multiple questions based on preuvios choices, plus there are content dividers.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.